Drinking water is a basic necessity of life. Top priority is being given by the state government to achieve the goal of providing pure drinking water to 100 percent rural population at the rate of 40 liters per person per day and minimum 70 liters per person per day to the urban population. Efforts are also being made to keep ground water storage intact with providing water for drinking water and disposal to the general public.
Main responsibilities of the department:
- To survey, design and implement schemes to provide pure drinking water.
- Maintenance of hand pumps.
- Monitoring the quality of drinking water sources and completion of schemes by creating alternative pure drinking water sources in drinking water quality affected villages.
- Drinking water system in schools.
- Implementing Sustainability Schemes.
- To survey, design and implement urban drinking water and sewage schemes.